NEWS AND UPDATES
30th November 2020
FAIR WORK AWARD AND PAY RATE CHANGES
Changes are coming to how casuals are paid overtime from the first full pay period on or after 20 November 2020. On 30 October 2020, the Fair Work Commission announced updates to the casual and overtime clauses in 97 awards. The updated clauses start from the first full pay period on or after 20 November 2020.
Does this impact your business?
If you engage casuals who work overtime, and you are covered by an award in the below list, you are impacted.
• Aluminium Industry Award
• Ambulance and Patient Transport Industry Award
• Amusement, Events and Recreation Award
• Black Coal Mining Industry Award
• Broadcasting, Recorded Entertainment and Cinemas Award
• Business Equipment Award
• Concrete Products Award
• Contract Call Centres Award
• Electrical, Electronic and Communications Contracting Award
• Health Professionals and Support Services Award
• Labour Market Assistance Industry Award
• Local Government Industry Award
• Marine Tourism and Charter Vessels Award
• Marine Towage Award
• Passenger Vehicle Transportation Award
• Ports, Harbours and Enclosed Water Vessels Award
• Salt Industry Award
• Stevedoring Industry Award
• Sugar Industry Award
• Supported Employment Services Award
• Surveying Award
• Telecommunications Services Award
• Transport (Cash in Transit) Award
• Travelling Shows Award
• Water Industry Award
If you are covered by one of the above awards what do you need to do?
Contact us to identify if the casual overtime rates in your award are increasing or decreasing and make the necessary changes in accordance with the award.
If you need assistance, please feel free to contact us via messenger or via email at